Expanding in the US
It is an exciting time! You are ready for your next challenge. You have a product, a service that you believe is ready for the US market.
- Where do you begin? Like anything else in your company, you need a coherent business plan as to why you want to do business in the US (exporting or establish a physical presence), identify what you don’t know and set goals with clear deadlines and accountability
- What do you need to know? There are a lot of details from immigration law, small business law, taxes, cultural differences…the list goes on and on
- How is the US business culture the same and different? Etiquette, the pace of conversation, even some of the words that are used may seem familiar and/or puzzling
- Who can help you? Rather than trying to build up your network from nothing, work with someone who has taken the time to find high quality professionals who charge reasonable fees (everything from human resources, credit/bank and legal to office space and so much more)
Why Ireland and Northern Ireland?
You might say it started when Elli met her husband (who is originally from Dun Laoghaire) and traveling back and forth from Boston for almost 20 years. Over the years, Elli has developed strong business ties along with her personal ties through blogging on TweakYourBiz.com (based in Dublin) and networking via social media, Skype and face to face meetings. This personal and professional network has deepened my affection for the whole island and seeing the talent, drive and entrepreneurial spirit that Irish (North and South) SME owners possess.
What can you expect from me?
We guide small to mid-sized companies from Ireland and Northern Ireland who are seeking to do business in the US — linking professionals and resources, focussing how the business owner / executive role changes, cross-cultural understanding and supporting the business goals. This includes collaborating organisations and other professionals throughout the US that help international small and midsize companies. This comprehensive range of services is available so we are able to assemble a bespoke team focused on your business goals.
- Expansion planning/US market entry
- Managing the cross-cultural experience
- Leadership development
- Adapting to US business environment
- Keeping communication open and clear between home office and budding US division
- Behavioral economics coaching of the managing director as he/she adopts more sophisticated role of international business leader
List of Services:
~Preparation and plan - Focus simply on identifying and developing your strategic plan for expanding your business with exporting or establishing an on-the-ground business entity .
~Project and Team management – You have a plan in place but need someone to facilitate meetings with the team and follow up. This helps to reduce costs and travel time so you can focus on your business growth.